Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Goody Time!!

Oh boy have I been busy with all kinds of Christmas fun!!! All my shopping is done and the presents are wrapped and now it's time for fun in the kitchen! I'm making all kinds of goodies for the many upcoming family gatherings and here are just a few sneak peeks :) I hope you find yourselves doing things that makes your cup runneth over with holiday joy!!Thank goodness for my trusty KitchenAid and the 15 minutes of mixing help it gave while making my first ever Homemade Mashmallows...KitchenAid, my arms thank you!!
Yum Yum Yum, beginnings of chocolaty goodness for Chocolate Mint Cookies
Preparing apples for two Apple Pies as well as dried apple rings...my kitchen smells so fruity delicous!Homemade Granola for traditional goody bags for all the aunts, uncles, and cousins!

I really enjoyed making the homemade granola and hope all my family members like it as much as I do! Here is the recipe if you would like to try it :)

Cranberry Almond Cinnamon Granola
4 cups OLD FASHIONED Rolled Oats
2 cups coconut
2 cups sliced almonds
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries (I used a mix of cranberries and cherries!)
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup veg oil
2 tsp cinnamon

Mix all but dried fruit together and bake in sheet pan for 25 - 30 minutes at 350. Stir every few minutes. Add dried fruit for remaining 2 to 3 minutes (don't add too early as the fruit may burn). Pour onto dry surface and cool, stirring occasionally to break up clumps. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I baked 4 dozen red velvet cake cupcakes last night and my right arm got a hell of a workout! That's what I need -- a Kitchen Aid mixer. Also, I love your apple peeling device. I've never seen anything like it.

mmmmm..... home made marshmallows.....mmmmm....

Wendy said...

It all looks so good! That looks like a whole days worth of projects. We're attempting to make donuts tonight, something I haven't done in a very long time.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Jane said...

Merry Christmas Lisa
All our love and best wishes, hope you have a wonderful day with your family
Jane and family

*carrie* said...

Fabulous pix--and such yummy goodies! I would love to try your granola recipe.