Sunday, October 28, 2007

Bookclub Fun...Eat Pray Love!

Last spring I took Eat Pray Love with me on a trip to Europe and it turned out to be a GREAT companion for my travels! Over the weekend I joined a dozen bookclub friends and we had a great time being together and discussing what we learned from Elizabeth Gilbert and her three journeys she welcomes us to join along with her! We also had a great time enjoying delicious food as we all loved how Elizabeth was not bashful in writing about her passion for food...especially her love affair with pizza in Naples, Italy! She loves that pizza so much that she even shares with fans in her FAQ how to get your own slice of that famous pizza if you are lucky enough to find yourself in Naples :) I think for every person who asks her about joining the ashram in India or working with the medicine man she worked with in Bali that there are double (maybe even triple!) the amount of people asking her about the pizza :) I can just see people making pilgrimages for that pizza, especially the chocolate pizza she made us all have dreams about!!

You can read a description of Eat Pray Love HERE but I think Anne Lamott (one of my favorite authors) sums up the feel of the book pretty well..."This is a wonderful book, brilliant and personal, rich in spiritual insight, filled with sorrow and a great sense of humor. Elizabeth Gilbert is everything you would love in a tour guide, of magical places she has traveled to both deep inside and across the oceans: she's wise, jaunty, human, ethereal, hilarious, heartbreaking, and God, does she pay great attention to the things that really matter."

And remember this post...well, it looks like I can finally uncross my fingers as Elizabeth will be in Portland on April 3rd!!! YAY!!!

(*photos not mine, borrowed from flickr)

1 comment:

*carrie* said...

Lisa,

I keep hearing about this book--it's on my list!